Tomato scrambled egg noodle is one of my mum’s recipes. She used “Mee Suah”, thinly sliced salted noodle made of wheat flour and it tasted surprisingly good! However, I’m not fond of the texture of the noodle so, I came out with an idea of using spaghetti pasta. Some may think egg with pasta may be a weird combination. I experimented with the pasta and it turned out just fine! It was fast and easy to make especially for those who work long hours and there is no pasta sauce to be found in your kitchen! So, without further ado.
Serving Time approximately: 30 mins
1 medium-sized tomato
100g pasta – Spaghetti
1 large egg
A quarter of Broccoli
2 tablespoons of ketchup
Coriander as garnish(optional)
Sugar & Salt
- Boil pasta, tomato, and broccoli in two pans (1 pan for pasta, 1 pan for tomato and broccoli). Boiling the tomato is optional as I wanted to remove the skin easily, otherwise no need to boil.
- Once the tomato is cooked, remove the skin and cut it into smaller pieces. (Just cut it into smaller pieces for those who choose not to boil it)
- Once broccoli and pasta are cooked, strain and place them on a plate.
- Place cooking oil and stir fry the tomato in a pan.
- once it’s cooked, adjust the fire to low.
- Place the egg and broccoli and mix everything with the tomato. (Be careful when cooking the egg because you want to make it saucy and not too dry)
- Add sugar and salt to your taste.
- Lastly, mix the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve immediately while it’s still hot.
Hope you enjoy this lovely pasta!